PhantomX Hexapod Getting Started
This guide will help you get up and running with your PhantomX Hexapod.
These tutorials will guide you through setting up your robot and making sure that is has been assembled correctly.
- ArbotiX Quick Start Guide - Learn how to set up and program the ArbotiX Robocontroller
- DYNAMIXEL ID Guide - Learn how to set unique IDs on DYNAMIXEL robot actuators
- Assembly Guide - Build up your Robot Kit
- Build Check Program - Learn how to load a test program onto your robot to verify it is working
Once you've setup all your robots components, you're ready to get started programming behaviors into your robot! The following sample firmwares will help get your started
- Load the sketch onto your ArbotiX Robocontroller
- Configure your XBees and plug them into your Commander and Robocontroller.
You can now control your ArbotiX commander via the following controls:
- Horizontal Strafe left/right
- Vertical Move forward/back
- Horizontal Rotate left/right
- Vertical N/A
- RT N/A
- R3 Select Ripple Smooth Gait
- R2 Select Amble Smooth Gait
- R1 Select Ripple Gait Select Smooth Amble Gait
- LT N/A
- L6 Select Amble Gait
- L5 Select Tripod Gait, Normal Speed
- L4 Select Tripod Gait, High Speed
This firmware was developed using the Nearly Universal Kinematics Engine (NUKE).
Edge Programs and Firmware
Edge programs and firmware are offered with limited support and documentation. They are experimental and offered 'as-is' for advanced users.
The Virtual Commander is a simple way to control your crawler using the commander protocol.
- Load the sketch onto your ArbotiX
- Keep the FTDI-USB cable plugged into your ArbotiX
- Launch the Virtual Commander application
- Choose your serial port from the drop-down menu (the same serial port that you use to program from your Arduino IDE)
- Click 'Connect'
- Now you can press on the joysticks or buttons to control the crawler
- Configure your XBees and connect everything as shown below
- Plug an XBee into your UartSbee and plug the UartSbee into your computer
- Plug the other XBee into your ArbotiX Robocontroller
- Connect the Virtual Commander to the serial port the UartSbee is on