The TR DynaManager is a small application that will assist you in setting the ID of DYNAMIXEL servos. The application was built using the Processing IDE (which uses the Java programming language). Most users will be able to use the Binary Executables, but some may want to run the program from within the Processing IDE for a variety of reasons:
- -You have a system that is not yet supported with a binary executable
- -You have problems launching the binary executable
- -You have functional problems/need to debug the program
- -You would like to modify the program
In any of the cases you will need to do the following:
- Download installProcessing
- Download and install the ControlP5 Library (to install the library, place the files in your local '/Processing/libraries' folder)
- Download and open the DynaManager Code
- Click the 'Run' button and wait for the program to launch.
You may need to create a special folder program's serial functionality. You will only have to do this once, but you will need to be using an administrator account.
- Open the Terminal application. This is usually found in Applications->Utilities
- Enter the following command and press 'return'
sudo mkdir -p /var/lock
- You will be prompted for your password
- Enter in this command and press 'return'
sudo chmod 777 /var/lock
- You should now be able to use the DynaManager and other java/ArbotiX applications without problem.