Edge Programs and Firmware
Edge programs and firmware are offered with limited support and documentation. They are experimental and offered 'as-is' for advanced users.
PC Control - Virtual Commander
The Virtual Commander is a simple way to control your Arm using the commander protocol.
- Load the sketch onto your ArbotiX
- Keep the FTDI-USB cable plugged into your ArbotiX
- Launch the Virtual Commander application
- Choose your serial port from the drop-down menu (the same serial port that you use to program from your Arduino IDE)
- Click 'Connect'
- Now you can press on the joysticks or buttons to control the arm
If you are using a UartSBee or other USB-XBee device, you can also connect wirelessly from your computer to your arm.
- Configure your XBees and connect everything as shown below
- Plug an XBee into your UartSbee and plug the UartSbee into your computer
- Plug the other XBee into your ArbotiX Robocontroller
- Connect the Virtual Commander to the serial port the UartSbee is on