The PhantomX RobotTurret can be controlled wirelessly via the ArbotiX Commander. In this demo, the ArbotiX Commander's joysticks will be mapped to the pan/tilt servos, and the pushbuttons will move the turret to pre-set positions.
Users can modify the ArbotiX Robocontroller firmware in a variety of ways. The speed of the servos can be changed and the preset positions can be altered. Users can even trigger digital outputs (like relays) based on ArbotiX Commander input.
Project Parts List:
|XBee Socket||XBee Series 1 (Do not plug in until after programming)|
|DYNAMIXEL Bus||DYNAMIXEL Chain|
|DC Jack||SMPS Power Supply, Battery, or other 11-12v power|
Load the Commander Robot Turret Code onto the ArbotiX-M Robocontroller. You will need to plug in your FTDI cable / programming device to program the robocontroller. You cannot program the ArbotiX if the XBee is plugged in, so program the board first, then remove the FTDI cable, and finally plug in the XBee.
If you have problems loading your code onto your ArbotiX-M, see the ArbotiX Getting Started Guide. Also, make sure that you have configured your XBees for use with InterbotiX Kits.
The ArbotiX Commander should be running the stock Commander code that it shipped with. See the ArbotiX Commander Getting Started Guide for more information.
Once loaded onto the Robot Turret, the code should automatically move the 2 servos to the centered 'home' position. Now turn on the ArbotiX Commander - the two should automatically connect Once connected, you can press on one of the 6 lower pushbuttons to move the turret to pre-set positions. You can move the joysticks to pan/tilt the turret.
- LT Decrease the speed of the tilt servo when controlled by the 'Look' joystick.
- L6 Move the tilt servo to the upper limit
- L5 Move the tilt servo to the default/middle position
- L4 Move the tilt servo to the lower limit
- RT Decrease the speed of the pan servo when controlled by the 'Look' joystick.
- R3 Move the pan servo to the upper limit
- R2 Move the pan servo to the default/middle position
- R1 Move the pan servo to the lower limit
- Horizontal Move pan servo quickly (speed changes with RT)
- Vertical Move tilt servo quickly(speed changes with LT)
- Horizontal Move pan servo slowly
- Vertical Move tilt servo slowly